Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TV - Lost Episode 6x07 - Recon




If you're a Lost fan, it's probably better not to read this until after watching the episode. I plan to go into specifics. With this show, you never want those. If you're not a Lost fan, however, you should be. Go get caught up. Then read this.

There was a time when my measurement of the quality of an episode of Lost was how many times during it MY BRAIN FUCKING EXPLODED. Seriously. That was how I phrased it. I'm finding that over time that's given way to a milder, more drawn out "hmm, interesting..." feeling. It's like I've switched from shots of Cuervo to a glass of finely aged scotch whiskey on the rocks. That metaphor may have been partly influenced by thirst. I wish I had some scotch in my apartment right now.

Anyhoo, it's interesting to see Widmore on the island. I had been worried until last week that he was going to turn out to have been irrelevant. Good to see him a part of the real issue. He's now almost assured a grizzly death, though, at the hands of angry spooky fake Locke. Now we just need Desmond to show up, and all the major players will be accounted for.

Was crazy hermit Claire really apologizing to Kate at the end there? Or did she try to stab her in the neck, like, a second after it cut away? I don't know about you, but I think there's another neck stab coming.

I'm still depressed about Sayid.

I was unconvinced that Sawyer was really on the Smoke Monster's side when he joined it. I'm glad to see it going in a different direction. And somehow it seems oddly fitting that in the "everybody made better choices" universe he's a cop. I hope the presence of Charlie's brother means that charlie will show up again. I like when that happens.

Here's my one thing about the alternate universe. Isn't the main difference supposed to be the island exploding in 1977? How did that cause Sawyer to be a cop? Or Ben to be a nice guy? Or Jack to have a kid? I'm reserving judgement until I see how they tie it back to the main story.

No comments:

Post a Comment